Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Little Things

It's all about enjoying the little things. Like when Lyla comes home from the store with Daddy or a visit with Grandma and Grandpa, she always walks in the door saying, "We're home mommy!" Or the look on Lyla's face when I get to sit with her at meals. She says, "Sit by you awhile... back to couch!" Or all the hugs, kisses and eskimo kisses I get throughout the day.

Or like the time I was feeling gross, unshowered and lazy in my usual bed rest attire... Sweats. Lyla came over to me and said that I "look fancy!" Thanks honey!

Or how today, she brought Erik a "D" for daddy from her letter puzzle. Mommy got an "M" and she even brought over a "__" for the baby and put it on my belly.

Or listening to Lyla sing throughout the day.. about everything! She is so full of joy, how can she NOT brighten your day?

Or watching Lyla's face as Erik builds a card castle.. and watching her knock it all down!





In pregnancy news, we are 36 weeks tomorrow. I honestly did NOT think we would make it this far, but I am so relieved that we did. At this point in our pregnancy, our doctor will not try to keep baby in if she decides to come out. We are so, so, so excited to meet our baby girl. Of course, we'd love to make it to full term (37 weeks) but at this point, we are still in really good shape, especially compared to when we first went into the hospital...32 weeks and 3 days. Excitement has taken over the anxiety, and we just can't wait to meet our precious baby girl. At this point, all we can do is wait! And build card castles.

No comments:

Post a Comment