Friday, September 14, 2012

Paper and Glue Project

Today I decided that Lyla and I would do a little craft. I am not a 'crafty' person, so I wanted/needed to do something really simple with stuff from around the house. I found some construction paper and cut up a bunch of shapes and grabbed a glue stick.. and voila! A craft! 

Some shapes!

 Thinking hard.. where should it go?

Add the glue!

And.. the finished product!

Lyla had a lot of fun with this! I helped her out a bit at first, but it quickly became something she can do on her own. This was just one of three shape pictures she made... and in this one, she started sorting the shapes... triangles together, some squares/rectangles together, circles/ovals together.  Fun AND educational! Woo! Do I get a gold star?!

When Erik came home, she showed him her pictures.... and then tore off all the shapes! I actually rescued this last picture and snapped a picture of it on my phone. Whew. I'm a pack rat... everything is a keepsake that must be saved! FOREVER! :) Speaking of though, my friend Brittany told me about this iPhone app called "Artkive" that lets you take pictures of all your kids' artwork and store them... and soon you'll be able to turn the pictures into a coffee table book!  I thought this would help with my patrackiness, but I still can't get rid of the originals. Anyway the app was free for a limited time, might still be! 

I am going to scour pinterest for more easy craft ideas. I am off bed rest but still taking it easy until Sunday so I needed something today to occupy some of Lyla's time. Crafts will be handy with baby #2 around, too! Which could be any day! Although it could be in a lot of days so I'm trying not to get too impatient. We've still got some preparing to do still... but we can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment