Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Freedom!

Today we had a doctor's appointment at 10 o'clock. There was a lot of anticipation building up to this appointment. Would I get taken off bed rest? Would I be allowed to at least get up and move around our place? Or would nothing change whatsoever?

And the verdict was....

NO MORE BED REST!

This doesn't mean that I can just start doing everything I want right away. I am supposed to ease into normal activity. So today I did some light cleaning and organized some clothes. The best part was when I went and got Lyla from her crib. I haven't been allowed to lift her or pick her up for the past 4 weeks! I don't know who was more excited, me or her! I got a big hug when I picked her up, and it was sooo nice. Afterwards she said, "Mommy's happy!" I am happy indeed! I can only imagine how it must feel for someone who has been on bed rest for months and months!

At this point, I'm still on my medication. Our doctor wants me on it until Sunday when we'll be at 37 weeks.. full term! That is, if we make it, of course. For some reason Erik thinks baby will come on Saturday. We will see!

Now I want to take these remaining days or weeks to appreciate lots of Lyla time before our new addition comes. I feel so lucky to have been able to be a stay-at-home-mom these past two years and have had so much time to be with Lyla and watch her grow. I have heard that the hardest part of having a second child is feeling sad or guilty about spending less time with the older child. I have also heard the opposite... that moms feel upset that they can't give their second as much attention as they gave their first. I don't know how it's going to feel. It will be an adjustment, but I am excited more than anything. I know our little girls will grow to be best friends :)! Before we know it they will be wreaking havoc on us together!

Enjoying some snuggle time with my biggest girl. She still just loves to watch us write!



No comments:

Post a Comment