Thursday, August 23, 2012

Me & My Irritable Uterus

Lyla is at the cottage with family today... so just me at home with my "irritable uterus." This is actually what the Dr. said that I have, although I'm not sure if it's as much a medical diagnosis as an annoying characteristic of my uterus. Basically it means that my uterus might contract for any number of reasons that aren't labor or braxton hicks. Examples might be having a full bladder, being stressed, being hungry, having gas, not drinking enough water.. etc etc. I was told that my contractions would likely not go away and might even be painful! So Tuesday I had a bit of a horrible day because of some.. er.. stomach troubles.. and had 42 contractions total, but not with any sort of pattern or regularity. At 9 pm, they finally stopped. I had been sure that I would be calling in to the Dr. by that night! Yesterday I only had 8 throughout the whole day. It was a much happier day. Hoping that today is another good day! I've only been up an hour and a half, and I'm already bored. I'm not a big TV or movie watcher, but I guess if I find something good on TV that will help pass the time. I started re-reading the Harry Potter books. I just finished Book 3, and I'm not sure where book 4 is so I have to wait for Erik to go to the library for me later. Anyway, I'm already feeling sad and weepy for all the characters popping up who are eventually going to die... wahh!!!!!!! If anyone has any suggestions on things I can do to pass the time while lying down.... that would be great! Erik's suggestion is to play Settlers of Catan online and to text him whenever I win or lose haha! He's a litttttle obsessed with that game right now! Alright, off to enjoy this quiet day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment