Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 2

Today started out great.... felt a bit foggy because of the meds, but I got 5 hours of sleep so that helped some. I had some breakfast, but it was so weird because the medicine made my face really weak. I kept having to take breaks in between bites or I couldn't keep my eyes open. I think I took another little nap and that seemed to help.

11:30 I got the second dose of the steroid for baby's lungs! This is huge if the baby comes sometime soon, and the fact that we have both doses under our belt puts me at ease (somewhat).

At about 1 o clock, our Dr let me come off the medicine and take a shower, which was amazing. Unfortunately, I started having some minor contractions about 3 hours later.  The nurse went to start another IV but couldn't get it going after poking in two place (yes, I am very over needles at this point). My doctor came in and said we could try a pill instead, the pill that I would be on if I were to be able to go home.  So far I'm doing alright on it. I have some tightening of the uterus now and then, but no major contractions at this point. I definitely don't want to get my hopes up about going home tomorrow, but the thought of my own bed is always in the back of my mind!

Right now I'm just missing Lyla a lot. I'm so thankful that we have family nearby able to help out, but I wish I could snuggle my baby! We did get to talk to her on the phone a bit today, and it just melted my heart to hear her say "Miss you mommy! Love you mommy!" I think she and her mormor went shopping today and got some yoga pants! If you don't know, Lyla is quite the yogi :) Can't wait to see that girl tomorrow!

Hoping for an uneventful night, full of SLEEP!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment