Monday, August 20, 2012

Bed Rest & Lyla

I was a little nervous about how Lyla would take everything.. just last week, she was crying and throwing tantrums if Daddy tried to do anything with her instead of Mommy. We've had a couple moments, but I'm so surprised at how well she seems to be taking everything. She will often say something like, "Mommy hold you." "Mommy get you." And I'll just tell her that I can't because I have to stay on the couch, and then she says, "Dr. S____ says." She is amazing. It's very frustrating... just the other day I was thinking about how special this last month or so would be for Lyla and I, and how I was really going to cherish this last bit of alone time with her. And now I'm not even allowed to be home alone with her, not even allowed to pick her up. I just get to sit on the couch and watch her play with everyone else. Not how I pictured these last weeks. But she has been such a sweetie and has adjusted so well to everything! She comes over and shares her snacks with me. She gives me the biggest hugs, kisses and eskimo kisses. Once, she wanted me to sit on the ground with her so I said I could sit on a pillow for a little bit. The next day, she brought a pillow over and put it on the ground next to her for me to sit on. When I had a bit of a breakdown, she snuggled with me on the couch until I felt better. I'm so proud of her, and I love her so much! And now she can have special bonding time with daddy and all the family that has been here helping out! I'm so thankful for all the help I've been getting. As I said, I'm not supposed to be here alone with Lyla at all, and I'm not allowed to lift her out of her crib or anything... so someone has been here with me 'round the clock. Erik leaves for work at 6:15 so someone is over then! My doctor said that if I make it to 34 weeks, she MAY lessen my restrictions a bit. So far the days are passing by pretty slowly. I'm cycling through some of the various side effects of the medication, but I'm feeling pretty good this evening so that is helpful! This is the most important thing I could be doing for our little girl, so if I have to feel like crap for however long, then so be it! Here's to hoping for many more days of bed rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment