Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bringing Back Newborn!

So yesterday I got out Lyla's first bin of clothes I had packed away, containing all the itty-bittiest baby clothes... size newborn!  As you probably could guess, I am getting things ready for BABY DOS' arrival. It feels like every time I turn around, the day is 3 weeks closer. How is that happening?!?!? We have only 12 weeks left! Maybe even less! Maybe more, although I don't like to think about that. 40 weeks is plenty, thank you!

Anyway, I was feeling really nostalgic pulling out all the newborn outfits. And Erik and I were both in shock at how small they looked. We couldn't believe that our giant almost-2 year old wore that teeny, tiny dress home from the hospital. We are always saying, "Remember how small Lyla used to be?" Well now here is the tangible evidence of how small she REALLY was and how much she has grown. It really brought us down memory lane... "This was Lyla's coming home outfit." "This was my favorite sleeper!" "Lyla was wearing this when she first laughed!" As a parent, there is always this heartachy, bittersweet feeling about your babies growing up.... one stage is gone and past and you know you'll miss it SO much (except for the Terrible Two's I'm guessing..), but there is even more to look forward to as they grow up.

So while it was a bit sad holding that evidence of time passing... I couldn't help but think about how much fun we are having now and how proud I am of my little baby, now growing up so fast!

And I just kept getting more and more excited about the big day, meeting our new daughter! There are so many outfits I just can't wait to get out and use again! We also bought her some new clothes of her own and a coming home outfit. She really doesn't need a lot, with an older sister and three older girl cousins, but it's nice for her to have some stuff to call her own! Not that she'll really notice now haha.

Lyla is getting really excited about the baby! I noticed that if I call her "sissy" she gets more excited than if I'm talking about her new "sister." Wording is everything! Lately, she likes to lift up my shirt and throw a ball to my belly. She says she and baby are playing catch! It's so sweet! She also got to feel the baby kick the other day! So excited, so in love with our little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment