Thursday, June 28, 2012

Best and Worst of Parenting

Some of this week's bests and worsts moments.

Bests:
1. Listening to Lyla sing! She can pick up little snippets of songs she likes, and she has started going "A, B, C, D... A, B, C, D...."

2. Lyla has started entertaining herself a lot more and for a lot longer. This means I can do some housework, or more likely, rest on the couch for a bit. I feel like this is so important with another baby on the way! I just love watching her work hard at something on her own or come up with a new way to do something!

3. Lyla has always been very in tune with people's emotions, and if she thinks you're sad (and you aren't a bearded stranger), she will give you a big, big hug. Sometimes a kiss. Today I was feeling sick and lying on the couch. Lyla kept saying, "Up mommy!" And I told her I felt ouchie and if she built something with her blocks I would feel better, just to buy myself some more lay down time. She got her blocks out and built me... I'm not sure.. but something that was "pretty" and lived in the "ocean!" And then she said "feel better!" It was so cute! And she is always hugging her stuffed animals and making sure they're okay! It's so sweet!

4. Yesterday Lyla and I baked cookies!!! She had so much fun and was such a great little helper! She dumped in the ingredients and stirred them up! She even tried to ball up the dough, but she just started flinging it everywhere because she couldn't get the dough off her fingers. Overall, a fun and messy experience! She was so proud to eat some later! "Baked it mommy!"


Worsts:
1. We're in a hitting phase! It's hard when your child isn't playing nice. She gets overwhelmed easily, and if she's tired, she will be more likely to hit.

2. Carrying Lyla around in the awful heat on my big belly. Talk about uncomfortable. And it seems like the more I'm carrying, the more persistent Lyla is about being carried! If I don't have anything else, she is totally fine with walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment