Friday, June 22, 2012

Lyla at 22 Months!

I feel like Lyla has grown up a lot in the past month. She can put more and more words together, and she imitates just about everything we say. If it's a bigger word, she'll often say "hard" before she tries it out.

We have seen a lot of social development this month as well. Generally she takes a LONG time to warm up to other kids and especially other adults. Now, she will approach other kids in the park on her own. She likes to hug them, hold their hands and play chase. If a kid is running away, she'll often look back at me and say "Get 'im" or "Chase 'im!" She will still push or swipe at a kid on occasion, but I think we're growing out of that phase!

She can recognize several letters of the alphabet. Yesterday we drove by Macy's, and I hear her go "S"! She also recognized the M and the Y!

She also did her first watercolor painting the other day! It is quite beautiful :) We are so proud of our little girl every day!

The other day, she picked out a book, brought it to me and said, "Share.... baby!" I thought maybe I misunderstood this word combo, but then she lifted up my shirt, opened up the book, "read" a page ("yoyoyoyo"), and then shut the book. She pulled my shirt back down over my belly and said "Nigh nigh!" It was the sweetest thing ever! I know she doesn't THINK it will be fun to have a baby in the house, but she is going to be such a great big sister!

Next up on the Lyla front... Potty training! Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment