Monday, June 25, 2012

25 Weeks & Remembering to be Thankful

I sometimes read a pregnancy board for women due in October 2012. It is rarely helpful, as it has really turned into lunch room, middle school drama. I won't get into it, but imagine 15,000 hormonal, pregnant women with nothing in common, aside from being pregnant, hashing it out over every little thing ever.

Anyway, one thing that I'm constantly reminded of from this board is to be THANKFUL for every day I am lucky enough to carry my baby girl in my belly. So many miscarriage announcements, so many premature labor announcements... It is easy to sit around and complain about my aching butt and back, or moan about how I thought my nausea went away 10 weeks ago.... and then I see a posting on the board about how a mommy delivered her baby at 23 weeks and held her baby girl until she took her final breath.  These announcements make me emotional for hours, but more than that, they remind me that every day I am pregnant is a blessing. Each day, our baby grows a little bit more, has a better chance at life.  So even though some days can be difficult, I am trying to complain less and remember to enjoy the beautiful thing that it is to bring a baby into this world!

BUMP PICTURES!





No comments:

Post a Comment