Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Lyla Quotes

Lyla, oh Lyla, you are just the best. Here are a couple of things you've said lately that are cute/hilarious/funny or just make you seem way too grown up.

"Oh Kallan, you're my big girl. I'm so proud of you."

"What a nuisance." Where did you get that one?!

"Sorry I yelled. I was just really mad at you." Aw!! Baby!

"It's fun to have a little sister!"

"I can't get that boat. But I can if I want to. HAHA! It's my job!" Huh?!?

"God lives waaaay up there! There's the ceiling. God lives in the ceiling!"

"Mommy, are you going to make it?" While I was attempting to exercise.

"Once upon a time, there was a princess named Lyla..." how you start pretty much every story you tell!

"Mommy, did you make another big mess?" When she came into the kitchen.

"YO do it Mommy!" "I want the one that's morado!!!!" Just a couple ejemplos of the Spanglish we've got going on here.

"WHAT?!" said in a super funny, high-pitched voice.

"La la la la.. ya ya!" How you say your name

"Kallan you're so squirmy!" Trying to hold Kallan's hand.

Us: I love YOU so much!
You: No I love YOU so much!
Us: No, I love YOU so much!
You: No, I love YOU so much!
etc.

"He just wants to be your friend." Referring to a spider I found in your room. Pretty sure he wanted to eat me, but let's agree to disagree.

I want to share this spider story as well.  I am really, really afraid of spiders. Yesterday I happened upon a decent sized one in the girls' room and managed to exit the room calmly and without screaming, but very fast. Lyla said, "Why did you come out here again?" And I told you nothing and set Kallan down. I attempted to kill the spider but couldn't find him afterwards and started freaking out imagining a vengeful spider coming after me. So in record speed, I packed the three of us up to go to Grandma & Grandpa's. You overheard me telling Grandma about the spider, and I told you that I just don't really like spiders that much, even though they are very nice. You said the above quote, and I said that I like spiders now. Not true. But then you wanted to hear stories about spiders in our home the WHOLE way to G&G's. My skin was crawling... ugh. Mom fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment