Friday, December 7, 2012

One of Those Days...

So I just put Lyla down for a nap... an hour earlier than usual. I am just wiped out today. Something about Friday is always rough. Maybe the lack of a full night's sleep during the week catches up to me at the end.

Some days, Lyla goes through typical "terrible twos" behavior. Everything ends in crying and whining and occasional screaming. She might ask for help, and then as soon as you try to help, she will scream, "Not like that!!!!" and the crying begins. These days are filled with "Mommy not do that!" "Mommy not pick up Kallan!" After awhile, every scream or cry feels more like a pounding to the brain.

As you can imagine, it's hard to stay patient on days like today. Usually I just flip on the TV and go in the other room and regroup for half an hour. Otherwise I think I would lose my mind.

But these days make me thankful for all the other days of the week that aren't like this. I'm sure some toddlers are like this a lot of the time. This age doesn't get its name for nothing!

Lately I've been really happy because Lyla has started to include Kallan more and more. She likes to help me show Kallan toys to play with. One of her favorite things is to show Kallan how to clap. She will go in front of her and clap and say, "Look, Kallan, this is how you clap!" When Kallan cries, she "cheers her up" by actually cheering for her. She will run over and go "kal-LAN! kal-LAN!" This doesn't stop any crying but it's still pretty darn cute!

In the car yesterday, Kallan started fussing a bit, and Lyla said, "It's okay, Kallan, we're here, we're here." One of those family moments that fill you up in a way nothing else can. I love my little family so much! Even on days like today.

Nap time for everyone, including this mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment