Saturday, May 12, 2012

Lyla Speak

Some of my favorite Lyla sayings!

"OOOOH!!! Nice out!" Said on a sunny day.
"I gotcha.... cars" Said while being carried and snuggling. It means, Mommy's got Lyla.. because there are cars around.
"Mano" or "hands" = Let's hold hands.
"Love it/him/her...... much!" = I love ____. SOO MUCH!
"Hmmmm... huh.... hmmmm... huh" While thinking or helping Mommy look for something.
"OH MY DADDY!"
"Ummm...." I like to think she got this one from Daddy haha
"Hey pupper" To Maggie.
"Awwww" What she says while hugging.
"Is it?? Gone!" = Where is it? It's gone! Holds hands up like, I don't know!
"Amazing!" Usually in reference to cheese.
"By you" = I want you to sit by me.

Some of my least favorite Lyla sayings!

"Cry.... sad" = I'm crying because I'm sad. It's sad enough when she cries without narrating it! She sometimes says this when she is telling me that she DID cry or is GOING to cry also. It's not as bad when this is followed by "better!" (I feel better)
"Quiet!" = Mommy, be quiet!
"enough!" = When she thinks that someone is doing a 'no no', she says this like, "that's enough!" I mostly don't like this because she must get it from me, and I never noticed I said that before!

It's so amazing to see her learn and speak more and more. She remembers so much, and it's so fun when she can tell me a story! Well.. more or less.. usually using one word at a time. It would be like:

Lyla: Boy
Me: Did you see a boy?
Lyla: Chase
Me: You chased a boy?
Lyla: Yea... ouchie
Me: Then you got an ouchie?
Lyla: Yea. Fall down.
Me: You fell down?
Lyla: Yea. Ground.
Me: You fell down on the ground?
Lyla: Yea... better!
Me: Then you felt better?
Lyla: Yea

I spend all day interpreting Lyla's words... if you don't get it right after about five tries, she gets really upset! I love how she can say such sweet things and we can have such touching moments together, in just a couple words. On the flipside, she can now argue about how much TV she should watch... "One... Two!... Five!"

No comments:

Post a Comment