Tuesday, May 22, 2012

20 Weeks!



Hello Belly Button!!!

Erik went fishing this past weekend.  I was a bit nervous because I'm usually pooped by the time Erik gets home, and I usually get a bit of a break around 5 o'clock. But honestly, it must have to do with my attitude because I didn't feel like that at all while he was gone. Anticipating some relax time must make you want some even more! I've noticed that SO much of being a mom revolves around attitude and perspective. Anyway, we had an awesome girls' weekend. Friday we went to the pool and spent a lot of the day at the park. Saturday we went to the beach in the evening and waved at all the boats in the channel. We spent a LOT of time outside.. mostly because Maggie was sick and had to go out every hour or so anyway.

In other news, Erik got to feel baby kick on Sunday! I've been feeling him/her for a couple weeks now, but we have JUST started feeling kicks from the outside! It was a nice treat for him when he got home from fishing!

Lots to look forward this week! Tomorrow is our anatomy scan AKA gender ultrasound!! We're hoping for a healthy baby, whatever kind of parts he/she has :) Friday, Erik and I are going to a little beach town up north for a quiet anniversary weekend. We struggled a lot with the idea of not bringing Lyla with us, but in the end we decided that a little mommy/daddy time might do us some good. It's only a couple days, after all! Lyla will be having a blast with Erik's parents at the cottage, and she'll get to play with all FOUR of her cousins! Yep, Lyla has a new cousin!!!! Wyatt Daniel was born on May 19! Our first nephew! We can't wait to meet him this weekend! If you ask Lyla what her new cousin's name is, she will tell you it's "Quiet." At least she recognizes rhyming words hehe.

Next time I post, we will know if we've got a little son or daughter growing in there... If baby cooperates of course!

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! AHHHH YOU FIND OUT SOON!!!!! I can't wait to hear!!!!!!! You look so Amazing by the way, and I like your blog :) Love you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete