Monday, May 7, 2012

BABY BUMP!

For friends near and far that I don't get to see nearly enough! Here's the bump at 18 weeks!




So I want to blog again because some days I sit around thinking, 'What is that really funny thing Lyla did last week?!' I feel like I'm going to forget EVERYTHING, and I never journal anymore, so hopefully I can write some special moments down on here when I'm browsing the internet (Facebook).

Some of mommy's favorite recent moments:
1.  Before bed, Lyla hugs me, Maggie and Daddy before bed. Last night, she said "Baby!" and gave my belly a big hug and kiss and said, "nigh, nigh!"
2.  Lyla has just started doing this hilarious thing where she turns 'invisible' when a stranger talks to her. She just puts her head down, doesn't say anything to ANYONE and doesn't move! I think she has realized that if she does this, the person will leave her alone. It's so cute.
3.  Erik and I were singing a song from one of Lyla's favorite shows in the car. We turned to see what Lyla was doing, and she was plugging her ears!! We both started cracking up, it was so hilarious. She has never plugged her ears before.... so it must have been pretty bad!
4.  Yesterday I wore my red jeans. Lyla and I were walking together when suddenly she said, "Pants!" and grabbed onto my pants. "Red!" I asked her if she liked them, and she said, "Yea... perfect!" Aw, how's that for a compliment? She says "perfect" all the time when she is doing stuff like building or coloring.. She'll put a piece on a say, "perfect!"
5.  Lately when I've asked Lyla if she needs help, she says "I got it!" Erik says she gets it from me.
6.  We went to the Aquatic Center the other day, and Lyla was really apprehensive at first but slowly warmed up! She was walking around taking these little tiny steps and waving her arms around going "swimming! swimming! swimming" She calls the pool a "poil" and can't wait to get this week again with Grandma & Grandpa!

1 comment:

  1. Kara is the cutest mama in the world! For the record, I think it's a girl. Or maybe twins. I think one is eclipsing the other so you can't tell in the sonogram or whatever that baby x ray is. So that is my 2 cents... But trust me.. its a girl.

    ReplyDelete