Thursday, January 17, 2013

Big Moments

Lyla's big moment of the week:

She peed in a big potty!!!

We went to a play group at a nearby church this week. It was so fun, and it was great to see Lyla socializing a bit with other kids. I mean, she actually socialized! She and another girl played pretend at the kitchen for awhile. Lyla didn't even try to hit her (although she did have a couple of other attempts at other kids... she missed! anyway, it's an improvement!). So I let the two girls play on their own for awhile, and then I saw that Lyla was looking for me. She said, "You have to pee!" She had a diaper on and everything. So I brought her to the bathroom, stripped her down, and held her on the big potty. And she went! Just like that! I think we are well on our way to saving money on diapers.

The day after the playgroup, she kept saying, "If you see another Lyla... don't hit!" And she'd raise up her arm like she was hitting and then stop. I was very confused. But I think that she must see other little kids as Lyla's. I mean, I'd hit myself if I saw myself, too, I guess? Anyway. I'm glad we're making headway on that front!

She loves her big girl bed and sleeps great in it, but today she climbed from her bed to the crib (they're next to each other at the moment) and slept in there. Hm.. ok.

Kallan's big moment:

Sleeping 11 hours!! She goes to bed late, so I can't really take advantage of all that sleep. It's quite sad, really. She goes to bed around midnight, and then I get up with Lyla at 7 ish. Oh well, 7 hours of sleep is still something!

She is also grabbing much more intentionally now. It's amazing to see her watch her hand move towards an object.

Alright I don't know why I'm awake while everyone else is sleeping. That will have to be all for now!

Just the daily family dance party! Kallan is wondering what sort of family she was born into....


No comments:

Post a Comment