Monday, October 1, 2012

So Blessed

So we spent the weekend at the family's cottage with all of our immediately family on Erik's side. That's 15 people. In one house! I come from a small family, which I love, but I also love the chaos of having tons of people in one place. It's loud all the time and impossible to organize everyone to do anything.  There's almost always a child crying or screaming or a mixture of the two.  But I feel pretty lucky to have a whole group of in-laws that I love so much!

We managed to get everyone out of the house for some family pictures! I don't have any on my camera, but I do have this cutie one of Grandpa and some of his granddaughters! This is 4/6 of the grandkids.. Wyatt and Kallan didn't make the photo op.


Yesterday in church, I had a bit of an emotional moment. I was holding Kallan, and she was wide awake, staring up at me with those deep, blue/gray eyes. We were singing worship songs, and suddenly I just felt overwhelmingly happy and grateful, standing there with my husband, singing to our newest, baby girl... and I started crying! I love her so much, and we are so, so blessed to have such amazing girls in our lives. 

Now.. bedtime! Kallan slept a 4 hour stretch last night! I was up before her with Lyla, but I'm hopeful that one of these times I'll catch an extra hour of sleep! How awesome! It's hard to believe that someday I'll be sleeping all night again... hopefully. I remember being a lot more tired when Lyla was a newborn, but it's weird because Lyla was such a great sleeper. Oh yea, it's because I was one of those paranoid new moms who was craned over the bassinet all night, making sure she was breathing. Yep, that's why I had so many sleepless nights. Anyway, off to dream land!

No comments:

Post a Comment